About the Long Port Group
- Privately owned, locally based property development and investment group
led by local resident Charles Billson.
- Long and successful track record as a solution provider, delivering high quality
regeneration projects, often through public and private sector partnerships.
- Employs 60 local people.
- Reputation for efficiency and an ability to fast track developments to meet public goals on time.
- A centre of excellence in providing RICS Post Graduate and other professional training.
- Passionately committed to protecting and sustaining the island’s environment and heritage assets for the benefit of all.
- Regeneration track record.
The Royal St Peter Port
The regeneration of the Royal Hotel site and environs creating:
- Royal Bank Place - Let to Royal Bank of Scotland International, completed 2004.
- Royal Chambers - 60,000 sq. ft. state of the art high quality multi-let office.
- Royal Garden - Development of 68 local market apartments, completed 2004.
- Royal Terrace - Mixed-use development comprising 48 quality apartments, restaurant, retail and leisure facilities.
- The Rotunda - Restaurant/ bar/ bistro.
- Royal Plaza - High quality public open space.
- Cour du Bordier - Regeneration of derelict States heritage buildings in Le Bordage.
- 24 Apartments and commercial units. Highly Commended - Gsy 2003 Design
- Awards for Contribution for the Built Environment.
Gibfield Park Wigan
278 acres, mixed-use regeneration project of deep and open cast coal mines,
former brickworks, and quarry creating:
- 35 acres residential land - 600 homes.
- 35 acre business park - 2000 jobs.
- £9m regional facility for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- 200 acre country park.
- 1.5 miles of public road gifted by Long Port.
Bentley Bridge Park Wolverhampton
20-year large-scale regeneration of derelict mines, tips, canals and metal foundries creating:
- £250m investment on and £250m off-site.
- 1,000,000 sq. ft. industrial units.
- 250,000 sq. ft. leisure park.
- 250,000 sq. ft. retail park.
- 65,000 sq. ft. Sainsbury Food Superstore.
- 150 residential units.
- Comprehensive public canal-side environmental improvements.
Cannock Gateway Staffordshire
In 1994 Mr Billson was instrumental in raising £100m for the regeneration of the coal-closure-hit to the Cannock Community. Following a successful partnering of the public & private sectors he was asked to become Chairman of the resulting Public Gateway Project in a voluntary capacity and held the post for 10 years. He was also co-Chairman, again in a voluntary capacity, of an adjoining regeneration initiative in Rugeley, where £35m was invested.